By purchasing a photo shoot/photo products with Jim Connolly Photography you enter into the following terms:
1. Any photographs taken by Jim Connolly Photography may be used by Jim Connolly Photography for marketing material & competition entries/qualifications. Jim Connolly Photography also has the right to supply their own material to third parties, such as for commercial use, unless specifically requested otherwise by the customer.
2. All photo shoot clients will be subscribed to the mailing list—you can unsubscribe at any time.
3. All final images shall be viewed via private viewing session in person - unless circumstances require the gallery to be uploaded to a private gallery on my website for viewing. This will be password protected.
4. The customer understands that public events gallery images have undergone a base edit only, and only purchased images will be fully edited.
5. Gallery passwords may be shared among friends/family. However, “screenshotting” the image without purchasing the JPEG first is NOT PERMITTED. You will be billed for using an image without permission, and asked to remove the image until you have purchased it.
6. Digital files will be emailed to the customer: For public events within 7 working days of receiving payment. Any prints will be delivered to the customer either in person or via post within 3 weeks of the date of order. Any delays will be communicated by Jim Connolly Photography. For private photo shoot clients, within 7 working days of placing your order after your photo shoot has taken place OR receiving payment for extra digital files purchased. Digital files purchased at a viewing may be put onto a USB immediately if requested.
7. Once a low resolution/web file is purchased, customers have permission to share as desired across social media etc. But NOT permission to have these printed or to edit these files in any way, including instagram filters, black and white etc. You may be asked to take these down, as this is not a true representation of my work, and goes against copyright law.
8. Any extras ordered via email will be invoiced separately and won’t be processed until payment is received.
9. Private viewings of your final gallery are available in person or via zoom
10. Gift cards/E-gift cards expire after 12 months—the date of expiry is recorded in my records. They can not be refunded/exchanged. They also can't be used in conjunction with any other offers, unless my consent is given. See more about my gift card terms below.
11. Photo shoots normally last 1-2 hours, but there is no specific time limit.
12. Photo shoot prices include UP TO 4 horses and/or dogs. If you have anymore than that please make Jim Connolly Photography aware as the original price may be adjusted.
13. Deluxe Equine Photo shoot prices also include up to THREE outfit changes, any extra outfit changes must be agreed prior to the photo shoot starting and prices may be adjusted accordingly.
14. Photo shoots will take place at a location mutually agreed with Jim Connolly Photography and the customer. The customer is responsible for obtaining permission to use their requested location.
15. Jim Connolly Photography does not take responsibility for any damages or loss of life to any persons, animals or property participating in the photo shoot. This includes the customer and anyone else on location.
16. The customer agrees that they participate in the photo shoot at their own risk, and any suggestions/requests are well within their/their horse/their dogs’ ability.
17. The customer agrees that all dog/horse behavioural issues have been disclosed to Jim Connolly Photography prior to the photo shoot.
18. Private online galleries will be removed after 8 weeks unless otherwise requested by the customer. Galleries can be put back up after the period if you wish to purchase more images, however this will incur a £20 admin fee.
19. I reserve the right to update my terms & conditions at any time.
20. I reserve the right to change my prices at any time.
21. Purchasing a photo shoot or photo products shows that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions stated here.
22. Jim Connolly Photography reserves the right not to commence a photo shoot until FULL payment for the photo shoot package has been received.
23. Should you request your images are no longer shared publicly by Jim ConnollyPhotography , please send a written email of your request to [email protected] - your request will be acknowledged and fulfilled within 28 working days of acknowledgment.
24. It is the owners responsibility to ensure all horses/dogs have the correct insurance to cover them out in public.
Refunds, Cancellations & Booking fees
1.You have the right to cancel within 14 days of paying your booking fee. If you pay your booking fee less than 14 days in advance of your photo shoot, this does not apply. After 14 days the booking fee is non-refundable.
2. A £75 NON REFUNDABLE booking fee MUST be paid to secure your chosen date. Bookings are secured by payment, failure to make payment will mean that your photo shoot slot is not secured and may be rebooked by another customer.
3. Should cancellation by Jim Connolly Photography be necessary, this will be communicated as soon as possible. If unforeseen circumstances should occur, Jim Connolly Photography will reschedule for a time to suit both parties.
4. Should weather conditions be deemed unfavourable (upon mutual agreement between Jim Connolly Photography and the customer), photo shoots may be rescheduled to suit both parties. This is due to expensive equipment not being waterproof and the adverse effect on the quality of the photo shoot. Any concerns regarding the weather will be communicated as soon as possible. There is no extra charge for rescheduling for this reason. If the weather is unfavourable and we agree to go ahead with the photo shoot, there is no guarantee for the quality of the photos. Should the shoot go ahead in unfavourable weather conditions, please not the quality of work may be limited/affected.
5. Rescheduling for reasons other than unfavourable weather, illness, loss of life to you or your horse/dog will incur a £50 rescheduling fee.
6. If you need to reschedule for any other reason, please let me know no later than 7 days before your photo shoot, failure to do this will incur a £50 rescheduling fee.
7. Should you CANCEL your photoshoot after 14 days since booking your chosen date, any moneys paid MINUS the £75 booking fee will be refunded.
This information is in addition to my standard terms and conditions above.
Gift vouchers -
1. Vouchers and gift cards are valid for a year from purchase.
2. Gift cards/vouchers can NOT be replaced if lost/stolen/destroyed.
3. Gift cards/vouchers can NOT be exchanged for cash or other denominated vouchers.
4. If an intended purchase is for a higher amount than the face value of the gift card/voucher, then the difference must be made up with a credit card/ cash payment. If it is less, change will not be given.
5. Gift cards/vouchers can NOT be used in conjunction with any other special promotions or discount vouchers.
6. Gift cards/vouchers can NOT be sold to third parties without consent. If consent is given the purchase may be subject to any conditions which we impose. In any extent you may NOT sell vouchers through the internet without our written consent, which you must obtain before making the sale. We reserve the right at all times to refuse permit of any sale of gift cards/ vouchers by you to a third party.
7. Gift vouchers can only be used towards the value of a full photoshoot/additional products purchased at the photoshoot viewing, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please quote the voucher/gift card code when booking. To purchase please contact [email protected]
The In Person Viewing Session
1. You will be required to sign off and confirm all information on the order form at the end of your viewing session. Please make sure all the information is correct as this will be final.
2. Digital files will be uploaded onto a private online gallery within 7 days of your order. You may request a USB at the viewing - in this case the files will be uploaded onto the USB at the viewing session if in person, or posted to you if online/via video link.
3. Frames & prints will be ready and delivered within 4 weeks of order.
4. Albums will be ready and delivered within 6 weeks of order.
5. In person viewing sessions take approximately 2 hours.
6. You may collect your order from me, or have it delivered directly to your chosen address. There is a £25 delivery fee.
7. Payment for any products ordered must be done at the time of in person/video viewing session - the client understands that payment options may be available upon discussion, but products will not be delivered until full payment has been received by Jim Connolly Photography.
8. You can make payment via credit/debit card or bank transfer at your viewing session.
9. Any orders once paid for are final and will not be refunded/changed at a later date.
10. If you are not happy with any products received, please speak to me and we can work together to get any issues sorted for you.
11. If you decide to print your files yourself, I can not guarantee the quality of the finished product. My email is [email protected]What you can and can’t do with your images...
Personal Photo Shoot Clients
1. Absolutely NO screenshotting from your final gallery is allowed.
2. Purchased High resolution images may be printed for your own use, they may not be used by any third party for private, commercial or any other activity.
3. You may not adjust the image in any way, for example, add an instagram filter, change it to black & white (if you want an image in black and white, please let me know, I can do this for you!), crop the image etc.
4. You may NOT use the photo for a competition/giveaway without my permission first (for example, a Facebook giveaway that requires use of a photo in exchange for a free gift).
5. You may NOT send it to other brands/companies for them to use without my permission first. If my permission is granted for the image to be used elsewhere, the other company MUST tag/credit me when sharing the image.
6. You may share your gallery link & password with as many family members/friends as you wish, but the above rules apply to them.
7. Any breach of the above will result in me billing you appropriately for the use of the images. A high resolution file costs £79 plus cost at £100 per hour or part of to resolve the issue.
8. Please notify me if you DO NOT want me to share your images online, I often use images across my social media and website in my portfolio and on my sales pages etc. Unless you notify me, I will assume you are happy for me to do this.
Business Photo Shoot Clients
1. Please do not screen shot from your gallery - you can download the original image from your gallery, or I will have sent them all to you on a USB/via WeTransfer. Screenshotting will result in the quality of your image being compromised.
2. You may only use your images for the purposes your commercial licence covers.
3. You MAY NOT sell my images to a third party, the images are for your business use only. I will not sell your images to third parties as stock imagery or fine art without your permission first.
4. You may not adjust the image in any way, for example, add an instagram filter, change it to black & white (if you want an image in black and white, please let me know, I can do this for you!), crop the image etc.
5. Please notify me if you DO NOT want me to share your images online, I often use images across my social media and website in my portfolio and on my sales pages etc. Unless you notify me, I will assume you are happy for me to do this.
Unauthorised use of my images is classed as THEFT.
As the creator of my images they are legally my property and protected under copyright law. If you’re unsure about something, please contact me first. I will do my best to work with you so you can get the full use out of your images as you wish.You can tag me @jimconnollyphotography so I can share all your beautiful images on my instagram stories, too!